Sunday, June 8, 2008

Catch-up......

Ok, I've been dragging some ass on the blog. Sorry. It's just that my fast-paced lifestyle filled with dog walks, guitar lessons, frequent naps and downloading music from possibly illegal russian websites have seemed to fill my time. I'll try to be better.

"A segue back......" post:

I've been trying to think of a couple of scenes from movies that have had great musical moments.....and that really is a tough one. Just off the top of my head, he's a few:

"Twilight Zone: The Movie" - In the first scene with Dan Ackroyd and Albert Brooks where they are driving on a highway at night, Ackroyd pops in a CCR cassette and they both sing along to "The Midnight Special". I love how they both talk about how much they love CCR and that song. It's a funny moment.

"Magnolia" - Ha! You know I had to bring my boi, PTA, in the mix again. Even though it's a very music video moment and almost doesn't fit in.......the scene in the middle where all of the main characters lip-sync to Aimee Mann's "Save Me". I think it's visually striking to have that right in the middle of all of the drama.

What about in "Smokey and The Bandit II" when they'd go to the bar and Don Williams would be playing and he dedicates a song to The Bandit? Or in "Every Which Way But Loose" when Clint went to the honkey tonk bar and Charlie Rich was playing right before that horrible Sondra Locke song? Why did Clint waste so many years with her?

That's really all I got. I'll have to add more when the inspirato arrives......sorry. Lame.

No comments: